Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Went by the dealer today to get some info about something, and in the parts department, they had a set of aluminium pedals that caugh my eye. They look exactly the same size and fitting as the ones on the UP!. I ask but they wouldn't give me any info about spec or if they could fit the UP! because they said those pedals only sells as a golf Gti part. How can I find out if they would work? Any ideas? Thanx.Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
There's one sure fire way. Buy them.
[RANT]
Parts are like that, they don't like to tell you anything of any use, ever. If you use my dealership, when you go in and ask for them, reception will phone them, and you can watch them peering out from behind their blinds to see who is there to see them. Usually proceeded by a 15 minute wait.
I also found trying to order parts not for your car causes them much stress. 'And what's the registration sir?' - 'Oh no, it's not actually for my car, it's from a up! white' 'well have you the registration for that car?' 'no, sorry' 'well how am I supposed to find it *sighs*' 'YOU WORK IN THE PARTS DEPARTMENT OF A VOLKSWAGEN DEALERSHIP!!!!!!! FIND ONE!!!!'

[/RANT]

Sorry. Haha

·
Registered
202 Posts
haha parts personell = data entry personell :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. Unreal that you can't find a set for the up. I also found out that if you break for any reason the accelerator pedal, vw does not have replacement for the pedal, you have to get the whole assembly arm with the pedal. What a rip off. I know there is a thread here about pedal, and one guy used the Audi TT pedals, but never mentioned what year TT he used, I asked but no reply. So I don't know.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you can wait a bit, the GT will likely have sporty aluminium pedals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They look like standard VAG ones in the picture above. The Audi TT mk1 pedals seem most likely from my investigations around the internet.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It probably is, but it's not worth the trouble of trying to combine them thanks to the unhelpfulness of the web-site software.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Thanks for the thumbs up! Not ALL parts advisors are like this, none of my colleagues here where I work make you wait for 15 minutes to get served. I'll agree that a couple of them don't want to look up parts for another model. We always ask for the chassis number as it tells us what is fitted to your car, not another one. I don't personally have registration and chassis numbers stored away,just in case someone wants to fit metal-look pedals from a gti to non-gti.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit harsh, but we always get slagged off and it annoys me so much. People don't realise that the parts department is only as good as the information it gets, there are thousands of parts on a lot of different models, some of these parts will fit, some won't, some will if modified, but we are only supposed to sell parts that DO fit your car!

Rant over!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts