Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question perhaps for thosewho have their cars already - would you order a car with the same specification again or a lower/higher specification?

I read with interest in another thread that a member had ordered a Take Up! and seemed perfectly happy with that choice. Although I really like my car, this made me think that perhaps I would not go for the Up White (or equivalent)next time around but, perhaps, a version that represents better value for money.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm very happy with mine right now. I like having air con and the split rear seat is very useful, so I'd stick to the Move up! but I'd be very tempted to add the sensor pack, not for the parking sensors but for the cruise control and the computer. I'm also very happy with the red - it's a great colour. Probably the best!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would have added the sports pack, to get different alloys and have the car sit a bit lower. I didn't bother as I already had tinted rear windows, but wish I had

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm really happy with my spec too but same as yapmaul, I think I'd have added the sensor pack just for the cruise control.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have high up and would add sunroof, ESP and sports pack - ok, alloys look great, but I like tinted windows.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mines not here but I think we are going to order another one this Sat for Mrs Privatedoc, will be the same spec but 5 door and minus the sensor pack as she hates cruise control.......did think about leatherlook but not shure......I reckon the white up! spec has all we need and also a wee bit of flair with the chrome bits and nice wheels.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happy with my spec, although the sunroof does like nice. However as I'm lusting after a GT when it comes out I'll have to wait and see what extras you can get with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This might be a daft question, but what is the computer which comes with the sensor pack? What does it show, and where does it fit into the dash/console?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The sensor pack computer is where the clock is under the speedo.

It doesn't have anything more than is on maps and more. You have engine and outside temp, speed in number, mpg and average mpg, time vehicle has been moving

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ah thanks for that. That's something for me to consider then, as I'm not convinced about how much I'd use M&M, so might be better off putting the money towards the sensor pack.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Snuggles said:
Ah thanks for that. That's something for me to consider then, as I'm not convinced about how much I'd use M&M, so might be better off putting the money towards the sensor pack.
That's what I now think. I never wanted the m&m but if I'd realised when I ordered that I could have all the car info plus cruise control I probably would have got the sensor pack. I thought it was just parking sensors and I have no use for them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My ideal order would add BMT to my high up with sound pack and spare wheel and the ability to have a white dash with my dark interior.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I threw the whole shooting match at my little boy the only thing I didn't have was drivers assist which I thought wasn't something that would enhance my day to day driving experience

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I too am sceptical about the city braking, good if you don't pay attention or something jumps out in front of you, bad if you don't like being rear-ended by the following car without city braking.

Shame you cannot just get cruise control as a single option.

Also, why can't you have a black or white with bmt

·
Registered
235 Posts
Strange indeed - you can't even order BMT on a black or white in Germany, but you do have the option of the 60 or 75PS engine.Presumably if you have black or white VW UK think you are too wealthy to be worried about fuel consumption!

Also - BugBabe34 don't fret over your lack of Sport Pack - I don't think it's available on the black or white - only the sport suspension as a stand-alone on that model. I guess you could have ordered the 'triangle' wheels as an accessory - indeed you still could!!

I guess we're all in the hands of the marketing people telling us what we want - just look at those white centre caps.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Upmeister said:
I guess we're all in the hands of the marketing people telling us what we want - just look at those white centre caps.

Ray charles, stevie wonder and the marketing dept!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Everyone should get the M&M in my opinion. The cost relative to what it is and does is amazing value for money in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Upmeister said:
Also - BugBabe34 don't fret over your lack of Sport Pack - I don't think it's available on the black or white - only the sport suspension as a stand-alone on that model. I guess you could have ordered the 'triangle' wheels as an accessory - indeed you still could!!
Believe me I've tried. None in stock and can't tell me how long they will be, not even a rough guess. Could be 2 weeks, could be 6 months and I'm just not prepared to hand over the best part of £500 to someone who can't give me a delivery estimate. Very bad practice in my opinion

And you're right about the sports suspension, it was available at £200 I do believe, but I wanted the alloys from the pack too! Why they restrict options dependent on model I do not know, surely it's all extra money in their pockets at the end of the day. I would have opted for the BMT, but hey! Wasn't allowed that either

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only thing different l would add is the sound pack. But as mine was a 'showroom' car l didn't have much choice.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
In hindsight, I keep wondering if I shuld have got sunroof... Other than that, I have ordered exactly what I wanted.

Im not a fan of sunroofs anyway, so hopefully I'll be fine... Even in the EOS, the slider cover was always over the sunroof section anyway!! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts