Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. What a great club. I've just ordered my UP! and have been told it won't be delivered until the end of April, beginning of May. Is it really going to take so long? I'm trading in my beloved 2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X 2.2 ltr TDI Sport Estate, that costs a packet to run and drastically needs downsizing. I checked out a Smart ForTwo but it was too small and impractical so settled for the UP! I hope I'm not going to regret it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I traded in my volvo v40 estate for the same reasons as you and I have never looked back, just love it especially the savings

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi streakypaws,

Hey hey, thanks for your reply so soon, I must have done something right.

I've gone for the High Up! with every available option possible in the beautiful Night Blue Metallic. Due to a motorcycle accident some time ago I require an automatic gearbox or I would have gone for the limited edition Black Up! Talking of the auto box, that's one of my main worries. The ASG box isn't the greatest bit of kit in the world but it'll have to do.

My trade in is worth £16K and I've blown the lot on bits and pieces. Everything on the spec sheet except the City Braking thing. I'm concerned about a few of the options though. I've read that the Leather Look seats are a bit iffy. The side skirts are not great and don't o much for the vehicles aesthetics. The black wheels supplied in the sports pack are taking a while to grow on me.

I'm pretty confident I've done the right thing. I do less than 5000 miles a year and the majority of my journeys are only a couple of miles long. I love my tank of a Mondeo and will be sad to see it go but it's costing me a fortune to run and I'm killing it with all the short trips.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya spud,

Thank you so much for your reply, you've made me feel so much better. If you've traded in a V40 and are more than happy then I should be chuffed to bits.

I do less than 5000 miles a year, the majority of that in short town journeys of no more than a couple of miles. I'm lucky if I get 25 mpg from my Mondeo, its 2.2ltr TDI 200PS engine drinking like a fish. I'm killing it too, its just been in for its second service and I was told the cat converter and the diesel particulate filter are both getting bunged up because the car is hardly getting chance to warm up. £195 a year road tax as opposed to £20, £161 a year insurance as opposed to £300 and diesel being more expensive than petrol are just a few other reasons for the change.

Bring on the savings, I'm sure I'll love em too. I just hope I'll love the car as much. I'm sure I will.

Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey I have the leather look seats and I think they look amaze! I also have the asg and don't have a problem with it, infact I prefer it over my sh*tty dsg golf!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Congrats on the order. I ordered mine in June 2012 and got it at the end of September 2012, pretty lengthy but worth it. I went from a 09 MINI Cooper Cabrio... dont miss it at all. Im guessing you have test driven one? The car wont be as quiet as your Mondy, but its cheap as chips to run. Mine make all the noises that have been said on here, but it doesn't faze me anymore. Its a cheap car, but has bags and bags of character.

Enjoy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello mate,

I love this place, thank so much for your reply. Great to hear you like the Leather Look seats, I'm sure they'll be spot on. Better news about the ASG, I had a 24 hr test drive in a Smart ForTwo and the little auto box had you head butting the windscreen every time it changed gear. At least the ASG box in the Up! Didn't do that, well it didn't on my 20 minute test drive. It's all good so far.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You've definitely made a good choice. I have got two of the beasts, I got a Take Up for my wife a year ago and liked it so much that I got a High Up for myself. I haven't regretted it for a second, they are brilliant little cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Allybasher,

Thanks so much for your repy, they must be good pieces of kit if you've bought two. These positive comments are certainly putting me at ease.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Me too (2) so chuffed I bought 2!!...downsized from a merc estate......savings are phenomenal, esp as I do a high mileage.

You won't look back! enjoy, the wait is worth it!

·
Registered
532 Posts

This what it looks like in the raw. Great colour in my humble opinion.

Make sure you run the car in for a good while and then put your foot down to get the full enjoyment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi dukatikid, love your username. Please don't tell me you have a Ducati as well as an Up! I'm a bike fanatic but following a rather unfortunate meeting with the side of a tractor my life changed forever. If I could I'd get back on a bike tomorrow, I would but my wife would kill me and succeed where the tractor failed. I best leave them alone. Back to the Up! Very nice, very nice indeed. My only worry with the Night Blue Metallic is the fact that swirl marks in the paint tend to stand out like a sore thumb. I love to polish my cars to a mirror finish, I find it very therapeutic but are frightened of knackering the paintwork. Have you experienced this problem at all? The last dark blue car I had was an S reg Pug 406 who's paintwork was knackered before I'd started but I'm sure I improved it a bit. I think a bit of trial and error and a lot of care will be the only way. Thanks for the reply and pic. Jon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts