Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Spotted' an up! White at the VW dealer in Evesham today - nothing strange about that, you might think.....

It was a '12' registration and possibly their ex-demonstrator - again nothing strange BUT how about the price on the windscreen.....

£13,990!!!!!!!!! Yes, £13,990

At the old price, with all the options and packs available for the up! White I could find, I can only make the total new price £12,775, so it looks like they are trying to get a premium of over £1,000 to avoid the wait!?!

This must be the most expensive up! in the country - unless, of course, you know otherwise?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm guessing it has some miles on the clock too?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I bet someone will buy it to beat the wait.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, assuming it's a demonstrator, it's probably going to have 1-2k miles on it - maybe more.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The car I had when mine was in the body shop had 5700 miles on it!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just do an eBay search...loads of dealers are advertising their demos at comedy prices....guess it is so they can give you a 'great' trade in price....plonk ers!

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's always the price to change rather than the trade in price you should pay attention to.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've seen some pretty ridiculous prices on Autotrader too, especially as several of these cars have done in excess of 6000 miles.

Unfortunately, there will always be people out there who can't wait and will be prepared to pay a premium to get one early, more fool them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
clowesa said:
I've seen some pretty ridiculous prices on Autotrader too, especially as several of these cars have done in excess of 6000 miles.

Unfortunately, there will always be people out there who can't wait and will be prepared to pay a premium to get one early, more fool them.
Exactly, plus you'd deprive yourself of passing the time while you wait by chatting to all the nice folk on here

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fair enough I suppose with the likes of a ferrari or morgan or similar but a city car???? crazy folk !

How can you not see the wait and forum as an asset.....I know I value the wait........NOT!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts