Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at tweaking the Maps and More thing?

I couldn't resist the temptation to plug the Maps and More into the PC and see what customization could be done or what alternative apps could be run. The Navigon fresh web site seems to offer some apps that fit with the sat nav, however it should be possible to run other apps on the thing.

I was interested to find the skins for the Seat and Skoda models are all on the same install of the software. Ive modfied the vw start up screen but didnt want to go further until I have a full backup of the unit incase I turn it into a brick.....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sounds cool, but aas it wasnt made for third party dev,it may have issues when os updates come out. Any third party software may srtop working...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SiJ2000

I guess there could be issues with OS updates, although upgrades are unlikely as I believe it is a Windows CE devices with the OS embedded into a chip.

Just wanted to have a tinker adding a few things that I miss, like a analogue clock that I can read... or maybe the ability to log trips for work without having to run the sat nav side of things.

I did find some information on a German Up forum although I had to read it through google translate as my German is only up to ordering a beer and a bratwurst.

I may do some experiments until I stop it working!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good luck! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts