Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I dont know if I am going mad or what; I started off wanting the take up as my main reason for buying the Up was 100% financial, My volvo was costing a fortune to run and I had to convice my wife this was the right thing to do.<div sab="842">After a long battle I won and went to order my Take Up, However when I got there I then realised I needed the Move Up + some extras, I had a test drive and sat down to talk figures and then I realised I wanted the High Up, By this time my wife was getting a bit humpy with me but yet again let me win as she knew I would sulk for months if I didnt.
<div sab="842">I took delivery of my tornado red High Up in mid december and I love it BUT how I wish I had gone the whole hog and got the Up black with all the trimmings.
<div sab="842">I wish I had never gone on this site and seen all of your BETTER CARS THAN MINE HA HA!!
<div sab="842">

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can honestly say that I am 100% happy with my little Move Up!, its got everything I need (although it would be nice to have those heated seats in this weather).

I guess everyone has different expectations though, for some a take up! is enough and for others only the top notch will do....maybe I'm just easily pleased

Edited by: Fay.up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rear tinted windows and better wheels are the main reson why I would like the top spec, Mind you the way I am going I will end up with a Golf or passat if I dont watch it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing I regret not getting on my red move Up! Is the M&M!! Been searching for one (can't afford dealer prices) but no luck so far. I've done less than 500 miles since picking it up in Nov - so the question is do I really need M&M for the small journies that I do?!!!! I do love my little Up! though. Happy motoring in yours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your post make me smile. I have been looking into buying a used Audi A4 B8 for ages, but I have a hard time convincing myself to use that kind of money, so I decided to go the economic route and buy a Move UP!. I ended up buying a High UP! that I get tomorrow. Typically, I saw a used Black UP! 3 days later, at the same price as I paid for mine. But I'm still looking forward to tomorrow like a little kid for Christmas.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I purchased with economy in mind and went for the blue motion. In hind sight the take up would have been a more economical option. I think the whole VW blue motion thing is a load of rubbish, the bit you gain in road tax and mpg dosnt make up for the extra purchase price.

·
Registered
592 Posts
That's VW's clever marketing strategy at work!
Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes it's same with other models in the VW range, we hired a 1.6 tdi blue motion Mk 6 Golf in Spain last year and it was less economical than our 2.0 tdi mk 6 as well as having a weaker engine. I also had a Jetta blue motion as a loan car when the Golf was having cambelt done. On a long journey including motorway miles it only averaged 48 mpg. As far as the UP goes my mpg on the blue motion averages 54 mpg, no better than the standard UP models.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I glad we made the choices we made.
You could have added the sports suspension and that would have given you the tinted windows and black triangle alloy wheel as well as 15mm lower suspension.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Same spec as me (sports pack) - good value I reckon!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I asked about the bluemotion my salesman told me that unless I was going into the congestion charge zone it would not pay for itself, I then used the extra saving to pay for the gap insurance,thinking what a clever boy I had been until I relised I could have got it for £200 less elsewhere ,nevermind you live and learn ha ha.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Another option would be the standard Move Up with sensor pack (cruise, trip, and rear park) for about the same money as the Blue Motion.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I opted to get a standard car already built rather than wait for one to my exact specifications. I am very happy with it but when I went to collect it I saw one with the sports pack and sunroof and felt a pang of regret. Oh well, think of all the money I've saved!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
I purchased with economy in mind and went for the blue motion. In hind sight the take up would have been a more economical option. I think the whole VW blue motion thing is a load of rubbish, the bit you gain in road tax and mpg dosnt make up for the extra purchase price.
I did that exact same Thing and I now think I should have gone with the cruise control Instead of bmt, never mind I will do better next time (I hope)

·
Registered
851 Posts
I bought a standard move up but wished I had bought the sensor pack too. If you have a smart phone for your satnav, it makes the m&m unnecessary - good gadget though it is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts