Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I took delivery of my fully optioned Up! on 2nd November and its unfortunately written off :(

Last Friday:
I was stationary in an intersection and this guy in a 2012 A5 sedan ran into the back of me and pushed me into the intersection, I pulled my neck and hit my head on the B pillar in the process...

This Wednesday:
I was travelling straight and a guy in a Mini Cooper S turned right from the opposite direction right in front of me without giving way! Isuffereda bleeding foot because I was driving bare footed...

In general I think the Up! did pretty well in the rear and front crash because I was going 60kph+ with the frontal accident and I walked away without serious injuries...

So now I'll have to wait to get my car paid out, this one is a white one and the next one shall be a Light Blue one :)

Thought I share this because I think I must be the first one to write off a Up!

·
Registered
27 Posts
you seem very unlucky,

i have also driven without shoes on found it very differcult so the slippers were put on ;)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'd be careful admiring to driving bare footed, I think you may find its illegal and would invalidate your insurance....
Not trying to be a ****, just thought you might like to know, just so you don't admit it to the wrong person! :)
Unlucky on the accidents though dude, hope you get it all sorted and heal up soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Davec86 said:
I'd be careful admiring to driving bare footed, I think you may find its illegal and would invalidate your insurance....
Not trying to be a ****, just thought you might like to know, just so you don't admit it to the wrong person! :)
Unlucky on the accidents though dude, hope you get it all sorted and heal up soon!
Little bit of a myth maybe, the highway code section 97 reads;

Clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner.

It never mentions a lack of footwear but more the fact the footwear worn should not prevent the pedals being pushed. High heel shoes for example or stilts. Its fine to drive bare foot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one to have an accident with a shiny new up, feel bad for you writing her off though! Maybe you ozzy's should stop driving upside down?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davec86 said:
Thanks for the good wish mate.. It's manage to stop bleeding now lol..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gorms said:
Davec86 said:
Little bit of a myth maybe, the highway code section 97 reads;

Clothing and footwear do not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner.

It never mentions a lack of footwear but more the fact the footwear worn should not prevent the pedals being pushed. High heel shoes for example or stilts. Its fine to drive bare foot.
Wow that's quite good to know lol just incase if the insurance company do give me a hard time but then again I'm not at fault so they shouldn't give me a hard time?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts