Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes get in finally acknowledgement from another up! driver
well it was her right of way and was just saying thanks but I gave a nice wave back haha

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Itzben, I bet that wave made your day. As a biker a quick nod of your skid lid to acknowledge each other when passing made your day that little bit better. Sad but true, us motorhomers always give a little wave to each other. We Up! Owners Club members need to adopt a specific wave between us, how cool would that be. I used to drive for Eddie Stobart and every time you passed one another you gave the official Stobart wave, flat back of your hand with a 90 degree wrist angle and fingers spread eagle. It would take the newbie truckers time to catch on but once adopted, never forgotten. How's 'bout it? I suppose simply acknowledging each other would be a start. Cheers, Jon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
No-one waves to me. I'm a bit lonely.....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ye a up! Owners wave would be good because other up! Owners that arn't members of this forum wont understand hahaha my missus says we shud wave amd squirt our windscreen washers hahaha I laughed my head off when she said that!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi all. I think that a "club wave" would be a superb idea!
I'm not keen on the windscreen washer idea though. LOL. Any ideas? I'll have a think about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How about the first and little fingers extended with the index & middle fingers folded back into the palm?wud sorta look like a U for Up!
Suppose it could be misconstrued for Up! Yours tho to the great unwashed
but at least the forum members wud know we aren't being rude hehe
What you reckon?

·
Registered
261 Posts
In Topic "Yay - Finally"

M4796P said :-Hi all. I think that a "club wave" would be a superb idea!

So how about this :-
Fore & Little fingers extended with Index & Middle fingers folded back into the palm
so would represent a U for Up!
I suppose it could be misconstrued as an 'Up! Yours' to the great unwashed but forum members
would know that the 'waver' wasnt being rude! lol

Any other ideas for a club wave???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Bob, I like that, the U shape with the first and little fingers. The poor Up! drivers not in the owners club will wonder why every other Up! driver they see is telling them to ef-of, bless 'em. I like it though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Glad u approve Jon lol.... started new topic so we'll see what others think... Im gonna start it tho anyways hehe if we oscillate the wrist thru 45degrees rather than waggle wont look (to) rude maybe?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bob Up said:
In Topic "Yay - Finally"

M4796P said :- <span style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Hi all. I think that a "club wave" would be a superb idea! </span>

So how about this :- 
Fore & Little fingers extended with Index & Middle fingers folded back into the palm
so would represent a U for Up!
I suppose it could be misconstrued as an 'Up! Yours' to the great unwashed but forum members
would know that the 'waver' wasnt being rude! lol

Any other ideas for a club wave???
What a superb idea! I really like it. Maybe if we get enough sugestions we could run a poll to determine what the general consensus think. My vote goes with you though Bob!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cheers M ! mind you gave me the idea so you will have to take equal Kudos and/or blame lolwas just telling Jon and refining the wave... if we oscillate the wrist thru 45 degrees rather than waggle then it wont look (to) rude lol
what u reckon???

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Bob, been trying that....quite hard to do...and I thought I was supple in my hands being a guitarist and keyboard player.(all be it not very welll!).Natural instinct is to do the V sigh. Not good at all. How about a big grin and a wave.
Go well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hmm just been comparing the 2... i reckon the time honored V is harder cos you have to hold the 2 end fingers with yr thumb too, i found the middle 2 fold back easierand Id still give the Big Grin as I wave... gonna try it out and see what reaction i get ( when i see another Up! that is - only seen 4 others round this way so far!)

Keep on wavin'

·
Registered
261 Posts
and as Night Owl suggests ... give a big grin whilst using the wave of your preference!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Off topic I know....but did you get a Up Black so you can seeit in the the snow!....Sorry
Go well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
LMAO .... didnt you know? we have a micro climate up here in Stakeford, 32degrees all year round !( Fahrenheit )

As an aside We are gonna give her a 'run in' down to Mcr tomorrow to see the outlaws - snow or not! My lil Nemo van fought her way from Newcastle to Portsmouth without a flicker during the last bad spell of bad weather (bless her) & passed several BMWs & Mercs costing 10x as much stranded on the M1 - and I reckon the Up! is far better than Nemo - so looking forward to see how she does
full report on return (full confidence in getting there & back!)
Give those heated seats a full test if nothing else lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah right
.Have a good trip.let us all know how it goes.Here in Hampshire it is rain and more rain.No change there then!
Go well.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Bob. I think that it sounds like a good idea! As long as the "U" is there I think that oscillating should be fine! Like yourself I'll give it a go if I see another up! driver, but they're few and far between round by me. Also I don't mind taking the blame, I'm used to it! LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
All a bit complicated.....why not take a tip from the bikers who lift a boot off the rest - open the door and wave a leg out?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dadog said:
All a bit complicated.....why not take a tip from the bikers who lift a boot off the rest - open the door and wave a leg out?

Haha nearly as bad as my Amys windscreen washer idea hahah

1 - 20 of 33 Posts