Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
If I had £40k available I would have ordered a 4C without a test drive. It is a seriously special peice of hardware.

For the first time in years someone has out-lotused Group Lotus. However if I had £60k would I keep £20k in the bank and hold a 4C or would it have to be a new Exige V6?

Am sorry to say, a 911 is a cracking car and is brutally fast and comfortable, but doesn't feel so 'telepathic' as a true lightweight sportscar should.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am still waiting for my UP to arrive ( back end of November ). Driving a 1980 mk1 Fiesta at present and the wife has her 63 Polo R Line. On nice days, the Sunbeam Tiger comes out to play :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
sunbeam tiger...you have me drooling now
I wondered if your signature was your classic car.

Post some photos?

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks for the photos. She looks great! All we need now is a sound track of that 4.7 litre V8.

Go well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thirteen-o-two said:
As It was sunny today I got both out for a play...

They couldn't any more 'opposite' from each other in almost every respect :)
Question - How do you upset a Porsche owner?
Answer - Ask them how is their VW going.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This was my daily driver for seven years until I got my up, she's now tucked up for the winter, needing a head rebuild and hopefully put to use for dry days next summer.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Heartagram said:
Rados are all 2.9s aren't they?
The VR6's are yeah, they did make some 1.8/2.0 16v models too.

Oh and a 1.8 G60(Supercharged) which are super-rare now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My neighbour had a really nice G60 when I was a kid. I ended up buying a Polo G40 because I loved the noise but couldn't afford a G60. VR6 is a good noise too, I have a VR6 Cabriolet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Heartagram said:
My neighbour had a really nice G60 when I was a kid. I ended up buying a Polo G40 because I loved the noise but couldn't afford a G60. VR6 is a good noise too, I have a VR6 Cabriolet.
Nice, keep hold of it, don't see many around these days.

Love the sound of the VR, they put a lot of effort into making it sound good. Nearly bought a G40 years back, my first Corrado was a G60.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts